Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Preschool

Ethan officially began preschool this summer, with a series of camps - some through the county and some through the school he'll be attending in the fall. His first camp was "farm camp" at Frying Pan Park. This was the first time he'd done a class like this all by himself and he was very excited. I was excited to have some free time, too! He was so brave, going off with his class all by himself - as soon as one of the other kids asked him to play, he was off and running. In fact, at the end of the week his counselor said he was one of the most confident kids they had.Waiting with his class, "the farmers", for things to get started.

Lining up for circle time. The adult (?) on the right is Ethan's counselor, John. Ethan loved him!

Time to learn each other's names... "Hi, Timmy!"

It was sometime around this point I started to feel self-conscious for being the hovering mother snapping pictures of my kid. So I headed on home - crying the whole way, of course. Transitions are always hard, aren't they? No matter how ready you are for them, they always signify something lost, as well as something gained.

But all in all, it was a pretty great first day and he's been having fun ever since!

1 comment:

kate said...

That's our boy! Looks like he had a ball. But I'm sure he was glad to see you afterward, too!