Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Kindergarten!

Yesterday our family hit a huge new milestone - Ethan started kindergarten! While I've been an emotional mess for a week, he's been as confident and independent as ever. Here he is walking to his new classroom:

Walking to his first class

He couldn't understand why I kept taking pictures. I mean, c'mon, what's the big deal, Mom? Nevermind the fact that my oldest child is starting school for the first time and a Spanish-immersion program, at that. Nevermind the fact that I can't understand a thing the teacher is saying and I know that for the rest of the morning Ethan will be in an environment where his native language is used solely as a last resort back-up.

Spanish Kindergarten!

When I finally decided I should leave and asked him for a kiss and a hug, he said, "No. Im fine." Well, sure, you're fine. But what about me??? This is all about me, right?

So proud!

What a big boy you are, Ethan! We're so proud!

3 comments:

P3T3RK3Y5 said...

yeah buddy! good job. something tells me we should all get used to this posture - you heading out confidently into the world and the rest of us trying to keep up. love, pete

Mike Stavlund said...

Ethan, I can't wait for my first lesson in espanol. You, my friend, are one cool--and smart!-- kid.

Ethan's mom, I hope you can strap in and hang on. I have a feeling that all of your kids are gonna soar.

Green Giant said...

SCHOOL ALREADY???!!!!! wow hes really grown since last time i saw him doing good bUdDy !!!!!!!!!!!