
Yay, it finally happened!! After many long months of waiting the baby brother arrived yesterday and, as promised, he is "so cute"!
Ethan spent the morning with Gramma yesterday, as he does every Wednesday morning, and Mom and Dad went to a doctor's appointment to check on the baby. When the midwife told us this was it, we arranged for Ethan to spend the rest of the day with Gramma, but to plan to meet us for dinner at the birthing center in Bethesda, expecting that by then the baby would have arrived. And sure enough, Keenan Staniec Doan was born at 3:25 PM on July 20 - 2 weeks before his official due date! He was 7lb 6oz and 20 inches long.
Ethan, Gramma, Aunt Jil and Uncle Rhett arrived at the birthing center around 7:00 PM - after waiting for Ethan to wake up from his nap, finding their way through rush hour traffic and stopping to pick up food. We all shared a meal together before heading home around 9:00 to get some rest.
Okay, enough talk - I know what everyone wants is pictures! Here are a few to get you started. I know we have more on different cameras (Mom, Jil - can you send what you have?) and of course we'll be taking more as we go along here so stay tuned.

A proud big brother!

Eating dinner before heading home - four hour old Keenan.

More brotherly love.
3 comments:
I was thinking the same thing. You look great Dee! Keenan is adorable of course and what a proud big brother Ethan is! Congratulations to you all.
note to the future Mrs. Ethan Doan:
don't expect any compassion or empathy from your husband when you're giving birth. He won't have any sense of scale on this.
"Childbirth? It's no big deal-- when my mom gave birth, she didn't even miss a meal!"
My jaw is still on the floor! I can't believe how great you look! Like I said in my email, after my c-section I looked like a zombie. A happy zombie, but a zombie none the less ;-)
Congrats to you and your whole family!!!
Post a Comment