Saturday, July 06, 2013

Dinosaurs!!

One of our earliest plans going into this trip was a Dinosaur stop in Utah or Colorado.  We finally made good on that promise yesterday when we visited the Museum of Ancient Life in Lehi, UT.  It was so much fun to see CJ literally skip from exhibit to exhibit - totally in his element.


I loved watching CJ at the "Design a Dinosaur" exhibit.  First, he decided he wanted to build a T-Rex and enlisted all the kids around to help get the proper parts.  Then, as I anticipated, he was incredibly frustrated when other kids showed up and started putting the wrong parts on the T-Rex.  Fortunately, once we encouraged him to build a "silly dinosaur", he was okay with adding too many legs and the wrong kind of tail!  I love his precision and his engineering mentality.


He spent at least half an hour at the "excavation site", meticulously brushing dust away from the buried fossils.  It was hard to tear him away!


As an added bonus, the museum happened to be have a special "Tinkering" exhibit, so the boys had a great time designing and building various devices.  It was really fun to watch them each demonstrate their creativity in different ways.





This quote on the wall really struck me.  It reminds me of what this whole trip has been about -- striking out, taking risks, and learning along the way.  I feel so blessed to be sharing this adventure with my boys.






No comments: