In honor of List Tuesday, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Ethanisms with you today.
Momaris (Mo-mare-iss) as in "Mo-mar-is! 'ere are you??"
Miss Rosemary
This was Ethan's name for our friend Rosemary when he first started to talk. Rosemary babysat him two days a week for about the first year of his life so it's entirely fitting that he should have his own special name for her.
Sasty (Sass-tee) as in "I will fight the sasty cat!" (said with great determination, one fist raised skyward in defiance)
Nasty
This one became a favorite of our church design team. In fact, Ethan has moved on and now says "nasty" but the rest of us still say "sasty" whenever he's around... and sometimes when he's not.
Coffee (coff-ee) as in "Mommy like to drink coffee." or "Gramma made a coffee of my CD for you."
Definition #1: Coffee
Definition #2: Copy
As with most kidisms, it's all about context.
Patch (patch) as in "Dose eggs patched!" (referring to the cardinals that hatched in our backyard -- right before the Sasty cat ate every last one of them)
Hatch
Structions (struct-shuns) as in "Wook at dat track hoe and all dose structions!"
Construction Equipment
The "con" is silent.
Vertible (vert-i-bull) as in "Miss'er Pete has a vertible, just like Grampa!"
Convertible
The "con" is silent.
Nect (nekt) as in "Dis track nects to dat track and the train goes up like dis..."
Connect
The "con" is silent. (You get the picture...)
Foon (foon) as in "I need a new foon!"
Spoon
All "sp"s are "f"s.
Nana Foobie (Na-na Foo-bee) as in "Yet's make a Nana Foobie!"
Banana Smoothie
This is probably my favorite current Ethanism. Nana Foobie - how cute is that?? And it makes me feel really smart because who else would hear "Nana Foobie" and know, "oh, he wants to make a banana smoothie..."
3 comments:
Lillie said, "I miss Ethan!!" So do I.
I feel so lucky to have been witness to the 'fight the sasty cat' comment. And let me tell you, if I was that cat, I'd be scared.
HILARIOUS! (I'm far behind on these blogs!)
Post a Comment