Saturday, June 22, 2013

Amazing Zion

After spending the night in Kanab,UT we made our way to Zion today on the way to Vegas. Even after spending the week at Bryce and the Grand Canyon, Zion was absolutely breathtaking. We quickly decided that this was a place we wanted to come back to. 




We had a picnic in the canyon, and talked about a number of hikes we would like to do, if only we had more time. 


I was struck by how different Bryce, the Grand Canyon, and Zion were, even though they are relatively geographically close to each other. Of the three, Zion is the place we would most like to come back to, hopefully to backpack and really explore the backcountry.

I suppose the nature of a road trip is to  get a sampling of lots of places, but never really feel like you have enough time in any one. I've already started my "Places I'd like to go back to" list and am looking forward to lots of follow-up trips in the coming years. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your trip includes many places Karen and I visited when we were stationed in Tucson. In 2002 we made a big trip to Bryce Canyon, Zion, North rim Grand Canyon lodge, and up through Salt Lake City area. Like you, Zion was our favorite.