Five new states since we left Kentucky. Spent last night in Springfield, MO and hoping to make it to Amarillo, TX tonight. Kids are holding up okay - better today than yesterday - and we've had enough adventure along the way to keep things interesting. Yesterday we ran over a mattress near St. Louis and dragged it across three lanes of heavy traffic before we could stop. Today's challenge was trying to keep the air conditioner cover attached to the trailer. Duct tape failed, but bungees seem to be doing the trick. I broke a nail in the process, but enjoyed bonding with the truckers about how pushy the Oklahoma wind is today.
2 comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated. That mattress thing must have been scary...glad it turned out okay, and you were able to get over safely. I see you changed route...I'm interest in why? Was it to stay on more populated highways? I think what you are doing is so exciting, and such an adventure for your boys. I did this with my mom, when I was 9yo, we went from Canada to Florida though...so not the same...but I still remember it as a great adventure. I'm sure this will be a memory you and your children will have for the rest of their lives!
Hi Heather! The route change was mostly to give us a chance to see Santa Fe and to be able to hit Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. Things are definitely still evolving, but so far we've been able to just plan a day or two ahead. You should definitely plan to do this with your kids when you're older - it's an adventure, but you're right, this is something they'll remember forever! Looking forward to connecting when I get back!
Post a Comment